From the Chief's Desk
About Our Department
Meet Our Officers
Sex Offender Registry
MPD Email Login (Restricted)
Email the Webmaster
Mobridge Police Department
Mobridge Police Chief
|The Mobridge Police Department allows and
encourages the citizens of Mobridge and members of the general
public to take the opportunity to ride with a uniformed
officer in a marked patrol unit through participation in the
MPD Ride-Along Program.
This program is open to citizens and community members
under the following guidelines:
- Ride-alongs must be scheduled at least two (2) days in
advance. Reservations may be made by telephone by calling
(605) 845-5000, but the requesting individual must also fie
a ride-along waiver form. Waivers may be obtained at the
Mobridge Police Department or can be downloaded lower on
- The minimum age for the MPD Ride-Along Program is
sixteen (16) years of age. A parent or guardian for minors
under eighteen (18) years of age must have their signature
witnessed at the police department by department personnel.
- Riders are expected to be neat and clean in appearance.
Clothing should be discreetly selected, as riders will be in
full view of the public. Sweatshirts, t-shirts or shorts
will not be permitted. Riders should dress in semi-casual
wear or in professional wear.
- Rides may be terminated at any time for persons who are
unruly, fail to obey instructions, or distract an officer
from duties. Rides may also be terminated at the discretion
of the shift supervisor.
- Normally only one ride-along will be allowed per shift.
- In order to allow many people the opportunity to
participate in the program, each participant is eligible to
ride-along only one (1) time within a six (6) month period.
- Riders may not accompany probationary officers.
- Exceptions to guidelines may be made at the discretion
of the Chief of Police or a designee.
An MPD Ride-Along Program waiver form can be downloaded in
PDF format by clicking on the icon below.
Click the BACK button on your browser to return to
the previous page or navigate using the menu at the left.